Thursday 10 November 2011

Review on Chanel Pro Lumiere


After reading a few reviews on Chanel Foundations, I decided that It was time for me to go and purchase one. I recently bought the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, their concession in Selfridges really caught my eye, they are very pretty and really draw you in with their amazing images and friendly members of staff. However the Skin Base is a bit too dark for me at the moment, it has definitley something to do with it being winter ( I'm quite pale and I got the shade No.08).

I had my excuse to buy another foundation, so off I trotted to Debenhams.
When I arrived no one was at the concession and none of the other members of staff knew where the lady was, so I had a wonder round and came back half an hour later. When I came back the lady was there but she was serving someone else, so I waited 15 more minutes to be matched up. When the lady was finally done she apologised for keeping me waiting and then she basically took me through the different types of foundations availible. She was in depth and explained to me what each foundation was most suitable for. The Pro Lumiere sounded appealing to me: semi-matte and you can build the foundation up without it looking cakey. I was matched 20 CLAIR and it looked lovely when it was appiled to my skin in the shop.

I've had the foundation for about a week now and in my opinion it's OK. It makes my skin look a bit greasy and shiny, I think is probably due to the high pigment, I usually prefer something a bit more matte as I like my skin too look really flawless. I found the foundation to be really runny too, I'm used to my foundations being creamy and thick within texture.

I won't be repurchasing this item as it's not my cup of tea in all honesty. What I want to repurchase however, is The Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation. And OH MY GOD, it's the perfect foundation for me and I'm kicking myself for not buying this instead!. But like most Make Up addicts, I wanted to experiment with other high end foundations.

Have you ladies ever had the same problem with Chanel Pro Lumiere? What is you favourite foundation at the moment?

Anyway thanks for reading and have a great Friday..

All my Love Kathryn
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment