Wednesday 23 January 2013

Bleak January Blues


I am 24 years old and living with my grandparents. They are very old fashioned and set in their ways, it is very difficult to talk them round something. For example: getting the internet, upgrading their Sky Box package for a much better price. They have set ways as do I.

At the start of January I was made redundant from my part time job, I work as a supply teacher in the day and work a second job in the evenings. I have a PGCE, but alas there are not many drama teaching jobs on the market at the moment.

I am feeling very deflated with myself, studying at Uni for 5 years and still not having a well paid job, it's horrible.

Is anyone else in my position with redundancy? No job prospects? I know I should be grateful for what I have, but I'm finding things very difficult.

I am trying to see the redundancy as a positive, maybe it will give me a kick up the bum and spur me on.

Kathryn x





No comments:

Post a Comment